1. You can send Google alerts to your Google reader
2. Check out majesticSEO.com
3. Link tracking tools can help you find out which links are being clicked on your social media pieces.
4. The new economy is the “linked” economy. Be ubiquitous.
5. “Drama is important ….in your PR efforts,’ Arianna Huffington said.
6. NAACP is a more influential group with the African American community around health issues than the traditional social media sites such as the American Diabetes Association.
7. Empower is a social media research firm for health care organizations in New York, they can run searches for you on key influencers in the health care social media sphere. So can you, at socialmention.com. Find out who is having the most conversations, has the highest Technorati ranking
8. Even hobby bloggers who are somewhat popular are getting 40-50 email pitches per day for product reviews, etc. Tough to stand out.
9. When conducting stakeholder interviews, collect phrases from the conversations and use those to build your survey instruments.
10. It’s only “new” media to old people.